Book of the Month
The Team Coaching Casebook
By David Clutterbuck, Tammy Turner and Colm Murphy
Teams are a crucial part of working life, and they can also be a source of challenges, frustrations and opportunities. This industry first book explores the breadth of approaches available throughout a team coaching engagement narrated through case studies and editorial commentary. It illustrates the eclectic and emergent nature of interventions that enable teams to achieve lasting positive changes in capability.
Drawing together 23 cases from multiple theoretical perspectives and industries from team coaching practitioners from across the globe, this book:
- Includes the experiences, insights and learning of team leaders and team members as well as the team coaches with quotes and data from each engagement
- Offers insight into the original need for the team coaching in each case study
- Explores how the team relates to itself, its stakeholders and the wider system
- Explains how the team coach or coaches engaged with the team detailing the specific practices the team coach used and the outcomes achieved
- Includes forewords from leading writers on coaching and team coaching: Nick Smith, Peter Hawkins and Paul Lawrence
These features make it a fresh and valuable source of insight and reflection for both novice and experienced team coaches, team leaders, organisational sponsors, and buyers of team coaching.
David Clutterbuck is one of the early pioneers of coaching and is co-founder of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC). He is also practice lead of Coaching and Mentoring International (CMI).
Tammy Turner is CEO of Turner International and is Core Faculty and Head of Supervision at the Global Coach Training Institute (GTCI). She is an accredited master team and individual coach.
Colm Murphy is an accredited master executive coach and team coach and Head of Coaching at Smurfit Executive Development, University College Dublin, Ireland. Colm is managing director of Dynamic Leadership Development. He is also Core Faculty at the Global Coach Training Institute (GTCI).